Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer 2013

We have been anticipating summer break for quite awhile and are THRILLED it is finally here!  But summer isn't all fun and games; I opened Mommy School this morning.  It was more exhausting than I thought it would be but I'm hoping to stay the course for the next two months!   After all, there is a cash incentive. Jake is expected to help with simple chores around the house.  Besides maintaining his room and helping set/clear the table (when I think of it!) he has two rotating chores.  This week it was strip his bed sheets and match his socks.  (Yes, Grandma, we cleaned out the full basket of socks!)  We are starting him on allowance.  In order to earn up to $5 a week, paid out on Saturdays, he has to read 5 books daily, write and illustrate a page in his journal and do 20 minutes of math (on my iPad or via flashcards.) I'm interested to see how he'll manage his cash...spend it every week (probably) or save it up for something bigger.  Quinn has the opportunity to earn $2 a week if she sits down with me and works on her colors, shapes and letters.  Today she was golden, however, I'm not sure she'll stay the course.  :  )  I'll let you know how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment