Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer Fun

We've settled into a pretty mellow routine in week two of summer vacation.  Quinn started gymnastics today and LOVED it.  Jake is asking to start so we may check a class out in July.  He has his second karate class today and is focused on achieving his white belt on Saturday.
After three years of Jess serving in the middle school ministry at church, Jess and I are finally able to GO to service together.  Though our church is pretty casual, jeans are the norm, we got dressed up like it was a date!  (Which it felt like!)  I have to say that I'll miss my quiet mornings of staying home and watching church online, sipping coffee in my pjs and folding clothes while singing to the worship songs; however, the children ARE starting to ask why mommy doesn't go to church.  (I do...the ultra contemporary solitary service!)
I'll take another year off of serving and then try to jump into UpStreet during the 2014-2015 school year. 

I love my Quinnie Bear so much!

We've enjoyed investing some time into a handful of Jake's kindergarten friends.
Mrs. Harrison is looping up with the class so most of his kindergarten peers will also be his first grade friends.  Since I wasn't involved at all for room mom stuff except Moms-n-Muffins and Jake's Star Student week, I don't know many of the children.  However, we are amending that this summer. This is Jonathan, my favorite of his kindergarten friends.  His mom has been a wonderful liaison for us.  She's blessed us with her friendship and Jake with many after school play dates. 

We've enjoyed a lot of rainy day indoor activities.  
Here are two:


Today it is GORGEOUS!  We set up the slip-n-slide, engaged in a water gun war and dipped in a storage bin.  Since we are in swim lessons right now, Ms. Erin has asked us NOT to swim without her.  Though I was sorely tempted to venture to the club today, we made due with some backyard fun.


We snagged this at Lauren's garage sale.  
Yee-haw!

Jake and I went out on a date Monday night.
It was fun to get dressed up, share a meal and a movie. 

Quinn loves to dress up as her brother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment